Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's at 2941

I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day (or at least had fun grumbling about it).

I had one of the best meals I've had in awhile. The boy took me out to dinner, and as usual, the boy has taste. He surprised me with a dinner at 2941, which is the kind of restaurant that should only exist in movies. The restaurant itself is stunning to look at, with priceless art, huge ceilings, and its own waterfall and koi pond. With all the snow on the ground it looked like a private mountain getaway. The food was just exquisite - what really took it to the next level was the attention to detail in every dish. We ordered from the a la carte menu. They did have a prix fixe tasting menu, but I just prefer to be able to pick my options. I ordered a hickory smoked tuna over a bed of potatoes, roasted duck with quinoa risotto, and the most amazing chocolate/coffee-sauce filled tart. Little details, like the topping of carefully placed blood orange marmalade slices on the duck, or the sprinkles of chocolate cake around the dessert, made every bite taste unique. As the guys say, Gotta feed the lady...

No comments: