Monday, June 21, 2010

The Eat-Cute: The latest from the kitchen

This week's roundup of recipes: 





These pancakes are easy to make (as long as you don't drop half your zucchini in the sink! oops!) and a wonderful way to use up zucchinis. I used both yellow and green ones. I also added in spinach, because I love spinach. The chive I substituted for dill, because I grow that in my garden. 


I found this potato salad delicious, and not overwhelmingly acidic. The celery is not essential. Seasoned with basil and dill. Strong mayo taste though.

I have a tough time with eating beets, because the smell repulses me, but this recipe makes them manageable. Saffron looks like the sprinkles in rainbow cake when you boil it in quinoa. 
Saffron Quinoa And Roasted Beet Salad

Cuban black beans and tahini. Forget you, chickpeas. 
Black Bean Hummus


And the latest on DC-Inspired Recipes (my weekly feature on Prince of Petworth):
Stuffed Patty Pan Squash


No comments: