Wednesday, July 29, 2009

New loft in the Sprung

I've been busy for the past month getting settled into my new apartment. It's a loft in sunny downtown Silver Spring, which is just across the DC-MD line. It's awesome because it has a huge ceiling, two stories, and a balcony overlooking the pool. Here's my living room:



Featuring... the Compromise Couch! Party (microsuede) on the top, business (leather) on the bottom. Slouch out with your couch out?

The dining chairs were ones that my boyfriend found in his former basement for free. I painted them and put new fabric on the cushions. That was a whopping total of $35. Just for comparison purposes, this is the "Before" picture:


Now I'm just looking for some artwork/interesting piece to put over the sofa, and a new entertainment center. Any ideas?

In DC events, I went to Screen on the Green this past week. It's an annual free movie event on the national Mall on Mondays during the summer. There's a huge movie screen and people gather on the grass to watch. They generally play older movies. This week, they were showing Dog Day Afternoon (a bank robbery movie with Al Pacino), which I unfortunately could not really get into. But, it continues for two more showings this summer.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the "re-upholstery" job on the chairs :-) Does need some art on the walls, but it's not like you are going for a super specific color scheme anyway.