Monday, December 22, 2008

Office Holiday Party

When we walked in, each chair had pair of reindeer ears placed on the seat. A sign on each table informed us that "If you want to eat, you have to wear what's on your seat!" My pants? Surely you don't mean these reindeer ears. Really.

I tried to eat my food, but people were insisting that I join in on the office rendition of "the 12 days of christmas." Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus, and he only comes when a bunch of old people in holiday sweaters get together and sing loudly and off key. There was even the official "Office Christmas Songs Book" with 25 pages of someone's favorite Christmas songs.

My favorite moment was the office's rendition of "Dreidel Dreidel Dreidel", during which about 4 people sang loudly, and the other 20 just looked around awkwardly like they had just found lumps of of coal in their stockings.

No comments: