Thursday, July 22, 2010

Blueberry Syrup

My local grocery had 2-for-1 blueberries for sale the other day, so guess what today's recipe is going to be about? 


I had about half a pint of blueberries, and a magazine recipe I'd been wanting to try for awhile. Originally, this syrup was part of a drink recipe called "Colorful Cows," which ended up tasting just as stupid as that name sounds. Instead, the syrup itself is good enough to stand alone as a topping for ice cream (or pancakes/waffles). 


Blueberry Syrup Recipe
1. I heated 2 cups of blueberries and 1/4 cup of sugar over medium heat. 


2. I cooked for about 10-12 minutes until the juice was fully released from the blueberries. I love that dark shade of purple that it turns into. 

3. I strained the blueberries into a container. Voila.  




No comments: