Friday, September 17, 2010

Awesome Red Rocks of Sedona (Day 3)

Today's post is about Day 3 of my trip to Arizona. We spent most of Day 3 (Sunday) driving from Phoenix to Sedona. We made a short (2 hours) but scenic drive between the two. I took a lot of pictures on our drive from inside the car. Outside of Phoenix are big rocky hills covered in saguaro cacti, and as you get closer to Sedona are forest and mountains which eventually cede to the Red Rocks that Sedona is known for. The rocks are staggeringly beautiful.






I have to say that I enjoyed the scenery here even more than the Grand Canyon. I know the Grand Canyon is one of the 7 wonders of the world, and maybe it is blasphemy against nature to say something looks better than the Grand Canyon. But I have to admit that the Red Rocks are just as striking and even more fun to explore because you can see different rocks as you drive down the highway (instead of having to hike or drive long distances to see a different point of view of the Canyon). There's not as much instant gratification with the Grand Canyon.










I will never forget the hotel either. The pool and hot tub were surrounded by the red rocks - this was one pimp hotel. Sometimes with all the stress of life I forget that there are simple pleasures in life, like the feeling of warm bubbles and wind in my hair.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures! Makes me want to go see some red rocks myself :)