Friday, December 31, 2010

And the runners-up are...


The second runner-up in my Holiday Dessert Line-Up was Cheddar Cookies, which came in a very close second indeed.




The texture of the cookies resembled a shortbread cookie, but instead of a wallop of sugar, they were a punch of cheese and red pepper. They were another hit with everyone.

The only thing “wrong” with these cookies, is that by looking at them, you would have no idea that they are not sugary cookies. They are great unless you have absolutely no idea that you are eating cheddar cookies, in which case, you are just in for a big surprise. It's the perfect recipe for a practical joker.




In the spirit of full disclosure, I have no affiliation with the Pee-Can or the Pe-Cahn Party.

The third place in my Holiday Dessert Line-Up goes to the “Chewy” Chocolate Cherry Cookie. I had high hopes for this recipe, but it fell flat, and by flat, I mean not chewy at all. The cherries were made a valiant effort to win me over, but the texture of these was so disappointing that I cannot recommend this recipe. Whomp-whomp.

That's it for my holiday baking this year. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. Happy New Year!

No comments: